Pythonista has been one of the most striking iOS apps available on the App Store in recent times. It is an incredibly powerful app that offers a complete Python scripting environment for you to work in, and there’s all kinds of remarkable things you can do with it, right on your iPhone or iPad.
Pythonista 3, which is available now on the App Store, is a major new release and ships with support for both Python 3.5 and Python 2.7, allowing you to benefit from all the language improvements in Python 3 while still having backwards compatibility with Python 2.7.
Pythonista 3 ships with following features:
- Scriptable code editor with syntax highlighting and code completion
- Extended keyboard, designed specifically for Python
- Interactive prompt with code completion, command history, and support for showing images in the console output
- Integrated visual debugger
- Integrated PEP 8 style checker with issues highlighted directly in the editor
- Complete offline documentation with quick lookup directly from the editor
- Various beautiful light and dark color themes, and a theme editor to make your own
- UI editor for quick prototyping
- Includes most of the Python standard library and additional modules for graphics, sound, and iOS system services (e.g. clipboard, contacts, reminders, twitter, UI…)
- Matplotlib and NumPy for scientific visualizations
- Lots of other popular third-party modules, e.g. requests, BeautifulSoup, Flask, bottle, SymPy, and more.
- Lots of included examples to get started
- Universal app for iPad and iPhone
Pythonista 3 is available at a 50% OFF Launch Discount for just $4.99 on the App Store